- Exhaustive parameterization options for just in time parameter changes to devices.
- Efficient processes requiring different parameter sets for switching thresholds, gain, sensitivity and so forth due to differing production conditions.
- Faster tool change operations.
IO-Link Reduces Machine Costs
- Reduced inventory due to intelligent multi-purpose devices
- Only one I/O module and one inexpensive standard cable required
- Reduced I/O footprint possible
- Displays and switches no longer required on devices
- Reduced engineering and assembly costs and automatic documentation of device parameters during the engineering phase
Improved Machine Availability
- Comprehensive status information and diagnostic capabilities in the plant lead to drastically reduced machine downtime.
- Enhanced information enables cost saving mechanisms such as predictive maintenance or asset management to be easily
- Device replacement without manual intervention to parameterize the new unit alleviates the need for qualified personnel.
In this section
- Topics & Technologies
- Condition Monitoring
- Ethernet in Hazardous Locations
- Field Logic Controller
- Industrial Cloud
- Industry 4.0
- Modular Machines
- Module Type Package – MTP
- Multiprotocol Ethernet