What is Multiprotocol?
Turck offers a complete line of industrial Ethernet products, including on-machine, in-cabinet, block, and modular I/O. The multiprotocol technology by Turck is an innovative new approach to Ethernet distributed I/O; multiprotocol I/O devices automatically self-configure to the active fieldbus protocol on each power-up. Supported protocols include Modbus TCP, EtherNet/IP and PROFINET.
What are the benefits of Industrial Ethernet?
Industrial Ethernet benefits users by utilizing tools and techniques familiar to traditional office communication systems, and extending them to industrial applications. This facilitates data transfer across the entire plant floor - as well as plant-to-plant and globally - via secure network connections.
With Industrial Ethernet remote maintenance can be established easily. Like this on-site service can be reduces to a minimum, what is good for you and your customer.
Multiprotocol: The Easy Way to Industrial Ethernet
Multiprotocol products are simple and intuitive, allowing easy transition between multiple common industrial Ethernet protocols without the need to physically switch parts. An advanced webserver integrated in all Turck multiprotocol devices facilitates simple device configuration and troubleshooting via web-browser. Furthermore, an impressive array of advanced features for each supported protocol has been incorporated into the devices to meet many unique application requirements.
Turck’s multiprotocol technology makes moving from one industrial Ethernet protocol to another plug-in simple. Turck’s multiprotocol products offer a seamless transition to industrial Ethernet, whichever industrial Ethernet protocol that may be.
One Device, Three Protocols
- Automatically adapts to the industrial Ethernet protocol being used
- EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, and Modbus TCP
- Turck Multiprotocol I/O device recognizes the master upon power-up and self-configures to that protocol
- Advanced webserver for device configuration, I/O parameterization, and diagnostics via web browser or mobile device
- Embedded Ethernet switch to support a variety of topologies, including linear and ring
- PROFINET Fast Startup (FSU) and Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP) supported
- Topology detection and automatic addressing available
- Multiprotocol devices support PROFINET RT, high featured gateway available specifically for PROFINET IRT
- ODVA quick-connect (QC) and Device Level Ring (DLR) features supported
- Multiple configuration options available for a variety of PLC environments
- Bit register and function code support
- Easy integration within Schneider and Mitsubishi PLCs, PC Controls, and Process Automation systems
Multiprotocol Ethernet ProductsThe following fieldbus devices showcase the power and versatility of Turck's Multiprotocol Ethernet technology. Click on a product to learn more.
e-Carts from Krups Fördersysteme optimize the assembly and testing track in the battery pack production of a German car manufacturer; Turck's IP67 PLCs provide the decentralized operation control
In a project for child seat manufacturer Britax Römer, Kirschenhofer Maschinen GmbH developed a streamlined production control and quality assurance system using Turck's RFID tags and TBEN-S-Ethernet multiprotocol modules
A central cooling lubricant processing plant supplies four milling machines of auto parts supplier Ovalo – controlled and visualized with Turck's Codesys programmable TX513 HMI/PLC
Beil uses the TBEN-S compact Profinet I/O modules directly on 40 millimeter aluminum profiles in a punch bender for print shops
Kirschenhofer Maschinenbau GmbH, the special machine manufacturer, guarantees safe tool changes for truck catalytic converters with Turck’s BL ident I/O system and TBEN-S I/O modules
On the super yacht Limitless, Turck’s TBEN compact block I/O modules with IP69K protection provide reliable EtherNet/IP communication between sensors/actuators and PLC
The PALC unit image processing systems from ISW use Turck’s Codesys programmable BL20 gateway to check data matrix codes and plain text